Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"You're Actually 8 Months Pregnant !"


A client came to me this past Wednesday who thought she might be 1 to 2 months pregnant. She has been pregnant before, but she had a miscarriage.

I did a consultation with her. She said she thought she would be at least 5 weeks pregnant due to when she had her last period. She really, really wanted to get a sonogram. I told her we don't like to give sonograms until our clients are at least 8 weeks.

I called our director from another borough to ask what we should do. She told me the same thing I told the client, "it's too early." As I am on the phone with our director, the client gets out of her chair, takes my hand, and puts it on her belly. I put the phone away from ear and looked at her incredibly pregnant looking stomach and said, "GIRL. You gotta be at least 6 months".

I got back on the phone, and said, " I have my hand on this girl's stomach right now, and I can feel a baby. She's gotta be more than 5 weeks." Our director went with her intuition and said, "bring her in".

Sure enough she went to get a sonogram to find out she is a whole 8 months pregnant !

How she thought she was only 1 or 2 months pregnant? I have no idea, but what I do know is that EMC was there to help her. We were there to help her know more of what was going on with her pregnancy.

EMC also carried through with setting her up with prenatal care. We did all the work in networking her to the right establishment to keep her body healthy and to have a safe delivery.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. Natural Home Remedies