Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So much suffering

My last day with EMC was spent working in Brooklyn. My heart broke when I heard a certain girl´s story; she already had 2 children, had gone through 5 abortions and on this particular day, was planning to abort her 6th baby. She rang EMC saying that she just felt that she couldn´t go through with it - she said that there was something that just didn´t seem right. She was concerned about the advice she had been given from Planned Parenthood. The poor girl had been told that they could carry out the procedure within 1 day, and that there wasn´t any need to have a sonogram because she didn´t look like she was that far into the pregancy. Upon giving her an ultrasound, we discovered that she was 5 months pregnant! I thank God that she had listened to her conscience and contacted Linda for advice. When I was introduced to her, I felt great sorrow, I could see the pain in her eyes and as soon as I began talking to her, she broke down in tears saying that she couldn´t take any more. We then discovered that she was also abused by her boyfriend. How many more people are out there suffering unneccessarily? Does this not emphasise the broken society that we live in? When will people realise that the only thing lacking in their lives is not money, success or power, but love! Pure and simple love! The saddest thing is that unfortunately, many don´t even know what the word signifies anymore. Thankfully, women experience a taste of it when they enter EMC´s Centres!

No comments: