Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time flies!!

This is the first summer in which time has flown with lightspeed. I just got to NYC, when suddenly I had to leave. I´ll always say; I have to come back! I didn´t have time for all the things I imagined I´d do. But I never imagined how much I did, and learned in such a short period of time.
Being an intern at EMC is something you have to experience to know what I´m talking about. No matter how much you said you were prolife before, if you come you´ll be triple. Because being prolife is not something you´re for the summer. It´s neither a theory or simply not liking abortion. It's fighting for life every second of the day. And this is something you can only learn by living it. By standing 8 hours on the burning hot streets of NYC. Or helping women in the offices who don´t know what they´re dealing with when they think of abortion.

The fact of being an intern is even more enriching, because it's not only your experience, but also the ones you get when hearing your roommate´s stories. Like living 20 lives at once, makes you discover the power of sharing: sharing our food, rooms, bathroom.... it´s all for the greater good.

So I want to thank Chris for this great opportunity he´s given me. I want to thank Liz and Carmen for all their teaching, help and work in the offices. Rossana and Jowell for the encouragements and bravery on the streets . Linda, who I never got to meet personally, but whose turnarounds were the best of all. And to the lifehousers: Thanks for everything guys! To each and every one of you! As you could see from reading other blogs there are many things all of us agree and disagree about. But the strongest? EMC moved our spirits, changed our lives.

No comments: