Thursday, March 31, 2011

One Opinion About Planned Parenthood


I was walking down one of the sidewalks in the south Bronx where I stumbled upon a sign that caught my attention. It was an advertisement for Planned Parenthood.

After I took a closer look, I saw that it read "At Planned Parenthood, the health care providers are terrific. I always feel they're listening to me". I have these 2 sentences in quotations in this blog, but they didn't in their advertisement. They want you to make a direct link to the girl in the picture saying these 2 sentences. They want you to think this particular girl said this.

Could one of Planned Parenthood's clients actually have said this? It's possible. My point, is that in this particular advertisement, they portray one of their statements, linked with a picture of a woman.

This isn't a crime. It's not breaking the law. All it is, is a summation of what Planned Parenthood is: a false hope.

I have talked to numerous girls that came into our center who said they went to Planned Parenthood where they were rude and didn't help. And what's ironic, is that these same girls complain that PP does the opposite of what this advertisement states! Girls have said to me "I felt like they didn't want to answer my questions, cause I wasn't getting an abortion. Like, because I wanted to keep my baby, they really didn't care".

I personally have never used Planned Parenthood's services, so I don't know directly what it's like. I have, however, listened to my clients over the past year say the same negative things about PP. And why would they make that up? They have nothing to gain from it.

Not to mention they support sex trafficking and use my tax dollars to perform abortions. You come up with what you will about Planned Parenthood. I think any establishment that lies to women and doesn't listen to them in their greatest time of need should be questioned at the least. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

tinatro- said...

I went once to a PP when I was in college- for a yeast infection- the woman was awful to me. I was in pain, and the swab made me bleed, yet she shoved my leg and told me to stop being a baby. When she looked at under the microscope she said it was the worst yeast infection she had seen in 20 yrs of working there. She didn't apologize for her earlier behavior, though. I believe every story I hear about how callous they are to suffering women.