Friday, August 7, 2015

The Pain of Post-Abortion


This entire week I have been sent to the Brooklyn office, and I have to say it was the hardest week of all my time here. All this week I saw clients that were challenging. Most of them had had an abortion before; they were older women who had a stable job- some were about to finish school and even had support from their partner and family to raise a child. However, they decided that they did not feel ready to become a mother, so they wanted to have an abortion. Case after case broke my heart. It got to the point were I told one of the woman who had all the support and resources to have her child that she was being very selfish her respond was “ I know I am being selfish”. This woman was 22 years old and had an abortion when she was 19, when I asked her if she regreted it she said “no”. I continued the conversation by asking her why she had the first abortion she replied “ my mother forced me to. I had no choice. I wanted to keep it.” I told her she had a choice now, she said “ yea and I choose to have an abortion”.  Deep down I could she the great pain that this woman was carrying. I was able to see that she was trying her best to not show her pain- to pretend that she was completely fine. This case was repeated multiple times this week. My request for you is to please focus on praying for these women, women that have had abortions and are broken. Women that are afraid to show their pain and to tell people they are not okay. Most of them left the office still wanting an abortion, however, I know that the seed was planted. I did my part and I know that God and Mother Mary will do her part. Let us always remember to pray for the post-abortive women in our world, let us remember that they too, just like St. Mary Magdalene, are broken and in search for love. 
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he grant you the desires of your heart.
May Mother Mary teach us how to love.

Your Sister In Christ,

Michelle 

 

No comments: