Thursday, July 28, 2011

In which the Author is upset

Lies.


That's all I could think after I read an article written by a woman who was adamantly pro-abortion. Why did this upset me? The article was written against an upcoming pro-life event going on in Germantown, MD (very close to where I live.) The event is called Summer of Mercy 2.0. It is a peaceful, prayerful rally in which people from around the nation are coming and pleading for justice. We are standing up for what is right in the worst holocaust this country has seen.


The lady who wrote this article accused us (us being pro-lifers in general) of not caring for women. She wrote that the only reason we are "pro-life" is because we are religious fanatics who believe that the biblical mandate is that women should have babies - and lots of them.


Where is this coming from? The Bible does not require women to have tons and tons of babies. That's not the point - and the verses this woman quoted were thrown completely out of context.


I am pro-life. I love women. I deeply care about them. I care about their health. I care about their situation. My heart breaks for many them. These aren't easy situations. I have talked to women who have been raped. Who have been abused. Who are suicidal. Who have had multiple abortions. Who are left on the street. Kicked out of their house.


I care.


I also know that abortion is not a healing process. I have met many, many women who believe that abortion will "fix" their lives, that the pregnancy was a mistake and that an abortion can make things go back to the way they were. But abortion is not a quick fix. It's a decision that deeply affects a woman's physical and emotional health for the rest of her life.


I'm not saying this just because I'm a Christian. I'm saying this because I've seen it. I've heard many women tell me their abortion experiences.


I've seen her sob heartbrokenly.


I've seen her doubled over in pain leaving the abortion clinic.


I care.


And I won't stop.

No comments: