Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise


The Brooklyn center was really busy on Thursday. We ended up seeing seventeen girls and had seven turn arounds. I met with a lady from the Bahamas who was thinking of having an abortion because she already had two kids and felt like she couldn't afford a third child. One who is thirteen and another child who is one. She told me that she didn't want another child right now because she was only in the US for vacation and was planning to go back home in October to start her new job. I tried to convince her that she should still have her baby, especially because her husband said he would love to have another child. She said she'd consider it.

I then went with her to take a sonogram and she found out that she was six months pregnant and that she was having a baby girl! She got really excited because her first two kids are boys and she always wanted a girl. I asked her what she thought now about having an abortion and she said "Oh there's now way I can do it now" with a big grin on her face.

No comments: