Monday, June 7, 2010

Hope and a Future

Today was a big day at the EMC Bronx center. So many girls came in and there were ups and downs in the most touching extremes. In the midst of a difficult day or week, we can always trust God to send us a situation of hope.

I talked to a young teenage girl today who came into the center seeking an abortion. I knew that this conversation would be difficult, too difficult to do alone, and God was with me through every word that was exchanged. I remembered all the times my friends and relatives have given me good counsel, and all the times I have talked to them about serious things, and we just talked. We watched the videos and told eachother what we think.

She didn't know anything about abortion. Together we went from "it's scary" to "it's wrong", and even further to "I'm going to tell my friends about this".

This story of hope is a blessing to me, as I know that this girl's baby will be a blessing for her. Please pray. She has hard times ahead with school and parents and all the pressures of this world. But thanks to God her future is not marred by the abortion of her child, but can be lifted up as she continues on her new path.

No comments: