Thursday, June 20, 2013

Good night

I was in front of the computer, drafting in my mind the blog for today without setting fingers to the keyboard when my roomate, workmate, colleague, best friend, sister, mother, assesor... said "Good night". She said it really softly as she did not want to disturb our flatmate, to which I replied back even softer saying, "Good night". Thirty seconds later she said "I said Good night" what I heard roughly and didn´t even reply. Minutes later she said, this time with a louder voice " Lorena! Good night!!!!!!"  to which I finally replied with a loud "Good night". She went to sleep.

And that is what this is about. That´s what this internship has been about and is still being. Not only saying good night, but living a family life. Building great relationships with amazing people we get to share our lives with. It does not matter how different you are, where you´re coming from, what you´ve studied or even your age. It does not matter because something stronger is joining you together, and the experiences we are sharing here can´t be compare to anything. There´s nothing like a good day, but there is really nothing, and I insist, nothing like a bad day here. And who do you share all these with?? I share it with Cristina now, a great girl full of energy and power, capable of fighting anything that goes on her way, who knows very well her limitations but has no fear because she knows  there´s "Someone from up there" (as she always says) looking after her to make the impossible, possible. And before being just with Cristina, we shared experiences with Carlos and Miguel and I can not start talking about everyone, because I would never finish writing....

But the point I want to make here is that there´s a lot behind saving mothers and babies from abortions. There is great people like Carlos, Miguel or Cristina, supporting you every time you come home with a sad face, celebrating with you when you had a turn around, praying with you when you´re talking to a girl, wishing you good night and waiting for your reply,  or just showing you the way to the office. All these, with the tender love of The One who inspired them to come to the States to do a pro-life internship, The One who joined us together and The One who will never let us forget these what we´re experiencing here.


No comments: