Thursday, May 24, 2012

Here we go...


Hey everyone!

My name is Mary St. Thomas and I am from the tiny but AWESOME state of Rhode Island. I know everyone thinks Rhode Island has nothing to offer, but I promise you we have the most beautiful beaches you've ever seen! Although I'll miss little Rhody, I love everything about NYC (apart from the Yankees fans everywhere...) and am already starting to feel at home. 

I recently graduated from Sacred Heart University where I studied philosophy and psychology. I have absolutely no idea what my future holds, but I'm surprisingly OK with it. I do however, know that my heart is in the pro-life movement and working in the Bronx for EMC is exactly where I need to be this summer. 

I grew up in a pro-life family, but never became truly interested in the subject until recently. I began to learn more about the issue and the hidden truths behind abortion. Once you know the reality of the situation, there is nothing left to do but act. So that's why I'm here!

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from both the workers and the girls who come to the centers. It is such a privilege to be doing this work and I can't wait to share my stories and experiences throughout the summer! 

No comments: