Friday, December 10, 2010

FULFILLMENT


This week has been one of the most exciting weeks have had at EMC. Why? Because I was able to talk with four girls about abstinence and they all responded well, giving me an evidence of a beginning of discipline in that area of their lives. What more can I ask for than for girls to respect God and their bodies therefore greatly reducing the high rate of abortion in America. I believe one of the major reasons for the spread of abortion in the United states is loss of the sanctity of sex in marriage.


As I talked to these girls about abstinence, I realized that they all had the same thought about it. They all acknowledged that it is right and the best way to live until marriage. One of the girls, who is sixteen years old, admitted that premarital sex took away her studious life style and her sister who came with her to our Bronx office testified to it. We three examined what they can achieve being abstenant and it was a great discovery. By the time I finished speaking with them, overwhelmed,one of them said," I will teach my children this way". When I heard that, I felt proud and fulfilled.




This is the reward of what we do. When we see people's lives take a turn from lies to truth, godlessness to godliness and looseness to selfworth, that is fulfillment. I am glad to be an agent of positive change in the lives of the youths of today knowing that, " When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".

No comments: