Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I wish I had come to you first."


When you work in the same building as two abortion clinics, you get a better idea of what is acctually going on. We were closing up for the day, the cleaning was finished and I was about to walk out of the door. Just then the phone rang. "Center, how can I help you?" said Linda Marzulla our Center Director. Boy oh boy, did this young lady need our help! On the other end of the line came a quiet shaking voice. "I'm trying to reach Dr. Emily's, I'm trying to get ahold of my records, I feel very sick!" A mixture of sadness and determination could be seen on Linda's face. "I'm not Dr. Emily's, I'm in the same building as them. This is a pregnancy Center. Did you have an abortion at Dr. Emily's? You did! What went wrong Honey?" The voice on the other end began to explain, she had complications with her abortion and she was bleeding... a lot! "Oh Sweetie! You make sure they give you your records! There are risks to abortion, it's a surgery! We can help you, if you need legal representation, you let me know. We have a Doctor here, you could come see him, he's the best OBGYN in Brooklyn. We will help you." "Thank you Linda, I wish I had come to you first." said the voice of the young lady a little less shaky.


I am very happy to tell you all that she is doing well, EMC put her in contact with a very good GYN who is helping her!

1 comment:

MEL said...

Oh, I'll keep that poor woman in my prayers! I hope she's OK. It must be so infuriating to have to deal with cases like that knowing how hard it is to get abortionists to act professionally--even with getting her records from the clinic. Thank God for your ministry.